Thursday, February 13, 2014
At the next Executive Committee meeting, which will probably be held in March, the committee needs to look at the rules for sending flowers to Garden Club family’s when a loved one has passed. It was suggested that there be a limit put on how much money can be spent for each delivery.
* The Minnesota Horticultural Society “Spring At the Inn” has a dinner on March 27. Kris has more information for anyone that is interested. Here is a link.
- The Community Garden Tour is on July 10. We will go to Becky Lake’s and end at Janet’s. Anyone else who has a garden that we can tour can please contact Kris or Pam.
- Georgianne will chair the Grantoberfest Committee. Volunteers to help, contact Georgianne.
- A publicity person is needed. If anyone is interested, please talk to Georgianne.
- Feb. 26 – March 2 is the Minneapolis Home & Garden Show.
- Kris will look into getting quotes for a Garden Club banner.
- Kris reported that she inquired with T-Dawg’s and we can have the plant sale there on the Friday evening from 4 – 7 p.m. We can have a hay wagon to display items, and it can be parked in the back of their restaurant that evening. It was discussed to possibly sell sell baked goods at this sale. After discussion that this was tried in the past and not many items sold, it was then discussed to bring second hand garden items (ie. pots, tools, etc.) and sell these items at the Plant Sale.
- Holiday in the Park – Pam will contact the Chamber of Commerce to try to get more involvement from businesses for this event. If anyone is interested in helping Pam with this, please let her know.
- Kris listed our standing committees. Anyone who wants to help on any of the committees, please let Kris or Pam know.
Minutes submitted by Audrey
Corrections made per Kris by Pam 2/22/2014