- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts (about 25 brussels sprouts)
- 1 package of cream cheese (8oz)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 full teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small sweet onion (or any onion), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Wash brussels sprouts and remove loose outer leaves.Trim thick stem bottom, Cut in half.
3. In bowl, place cream cheese in microwave and heat for bout 30 seconds, or until cream cheese becomes very soft, almost melted. Add mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, ground black pepper and onion. Mix well, making sure everything is combined well.
4. Add brussels sprouts, combine well until brussels sprouts are even coated with cheese mixture.
5. Transfer to baking dish, cover with aluminum foil. Bake covered for about the first 30 minutes. Then remove foil, gently stir to bring bottom brussels sprouts to the top.
6. Bake uncovered for remaining 20-30 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are tender and until the cheese topping becomes a nice charred crust. Poke with a fork till they are cooked to you desired tenderness.
7. Lastly, when serving, don’t forget to scrape the bottom of the dish for the browned, charred cheese! that’s the BEST part.
*** update: Doreen (from comments) used a casserole dish, which was probably deeper and had to cook the brussels sprouts for longer. So if you use a deeper dish, then increase your cooking time. If you use a shallow dish like I did , then the dish cooks quicker. And, probably crispier too with a nice charred crust!