Back to Home Page
April 14 Saturday (in lieu of regular meeting) 10 am Wood River Garden Center main building
- Agenda: plant sale and potting party, spring community gardens prep
- What's new at the garden center for 2018, presentation by Dean
- Refreshments: Ruth and Kris
May 3 Thursday 6 pm "Potting Party" Kris Henning's, 22163 Spirit Lake Road, Rain or Shine!
- Annual Potting Party at Kris's in preparation for our Annual Plant Sale
- Refreshments Mary C and Kris
- Dig clumps of plants from your own gardens to bring for potting or just come to help pot if you don't have plants to spare. This is a fun event! Dress to get dirty!!
May 31 Thursday 5:30 pm meet at Highway 70 sign garden
- Planting annuals at the community gardens
- Dress to get dirty, bring you favorite garden cleanup and planting tools
- After "party" at a local eatery to be determined
June 2 Saturday 8am - noon T-Dawg's parking lot Big Gust Days Annual Plant Sale
- Deliver plants Friday behind T-Dawgs after 4 pm and Saturday morning 6am - 8am
- Setup Saturday begins at 6am
- Sale 8am to noon (half price after 11am)
June 21 Thursday 30th ANNIVERSARY PARTY!! 6PM - 9PM Grantsburg Public Library Community Room
- Door prizes!!
- And only a little speechifying!!
July 12 Thursday Annual Community Garden Tour 5:30 gardens on the tour to be announced, refreshments provided at last site, carpool to be announced.
August 9 Thursday, 5:30 pm Ruthie Anderson's Annual BBQ and competitions!!
- Bring a dish to share
- Competitions for best container garden (1st and 2nd places) and best cut flower arrangement (1st prize)
September 13 Thursday Regular meeting 6:30 PM Grantsburg High School room 115
- Agenda: Brainstorming for 2019
- Putting the Garden to bed forum and annual seed and plant exchange exchange
- Refreshments: Linnea and Rhonda
September 22 Saturday 9 am - 4 pm Grantoberfest!!
This is our annual outreach to attract new members and raise a little more money!
- Setup Friday 4 pm and Saturday 8 am
- Need help tending the booth throughout the day, help with setup and teardown
- Donations of potted plants and useful gardening stuff in very good condition to be sold.
October 11 Thursday Regular meeting 6:30 PM Grantsburg High School room 115
- Agenda: Pay 2019 dues, signup for refreshments, hosting events, and decide what we want to learn about in 2019
- Program: "Scandinavian Flowers & Travel" by Kris and Ruthie
- Refreshments: Janet and Charlene
November 8 Thursday Regular meeting 6:30 PM Grantsburg High School room 115
- Agenda: Election of Officers for 2019, set up date for board meeting to finalize plans for 2019
- Program: "Holiday Workshop" possible $5.00 project fee. Presented by Mary Griesbach
- Refreshments: Alma and Cynthia
December 13 Thursday Rhonda Johnson's Annual Holiday Party potluck
- Bring a dish to share
- Bring a wrapped gift $10.00 limit (homemade is encouraged!!) for optional exchange via dice game!!
- Spouses/significant others always welcome!!