9/05/2012

Meeting Reminder, Thursday, September 13

We will resume our regular calendar of meetings on Thursday, September 13, at 6:30 at Grantsburg High School, room 111. Donna Chell of Village Floral and Garden Store will present to us on Fall/Winter Garden Interest.  

Business includes dues and planning for 2013. This is also our Annual Club Plant Exchange. If you have them, bring perennials and seeds you'd like to share with the club!!

Lucille and Wanda will provide refreshments.

Door Prize!! As is our new, old tradition (resurrected from days gone by) we will be presenting a door prize! Mary G is providing and presenting the prize. It's a surprise--she wouldn't event tell me!!

You can find the minutes of our last regular meeting in May 2012 by clicking on the Minutes tab.

Planning for 2013

To help get us thinking about what we want to do in 2013, here are some questions to ask ourselves and answer to get the creative thoughts bubbling: Which question really gets you thinking about what you want to know and what you already know that you'd like to share with the club?

  • I joined the garden club in (year) because....
  • My favorite garden tool is ______________ because.....
  • My favorite gardening product is _______________ or I wish there was a product that would _______________ because....
  • My least favorite part of gardening (besides weeding!) is _____________________
  • When I break ground on a new bed I like to or wish I knew how to  ....
  • The worst pest in my gardens are ________________
  • I would really like to become better at or more knowledgeable about __________(garden related) because....
  • I use a lot of __________ (plants, pots, planters, structural features, products, or ?) in my gardens because ....
  • I am so proud of how _______________turned out because....
  • My big dream is to ____________ in my garden but I am holding off because.....
  • Three things about my gardens that I'd like to change or wish I'd done differently.
  • If I could start over with my gardens I would ....

No comments:

Post a Comment